A new update about my MorpHex project. I didn't have time to take some good quality pictures because I'm working with some gardening and renovating stuff that occupies my "photo studio". Some workshop pics with bad lighting was my only option last evening/night.
Anyway, I've been very eager to get the lower sphere sections mounted onto the legs. So eager that I selected a rather easy way by using some counter sink white nylon screws. I'm planning to use three screws on each sphere part and mount it to the ASB-04 tibia bracket. So far I'm using only two for testing. It was a bit tricky to align the hole for drilling, so I used a LED as a lamp behind the sphere part:
Already drilled and just plugged in the screws for holding it in place when doing the next leg (sorry for the blurry picture):
Btw, I'm also planning to reinforce each sphere part. I did just a simple test, the final result will be better. The plastic material is Poly Carbonate. By mounting ribs on each side the part gets more rigid, the rib also make sure that the neighbor leg/sphere part doesn't overlap each other in sphere mode.
Here are some pictures of MorpHex in action with all six sphere parts mounted.
Still a lot of work left. I'll start on the upper sphere section when I'm satisfied with the lower section.